Exterior of home
First impression counts!
Many home buyers decide on buying a home
based on “curb appeal”
• Trim, weed and tidy up lawn and garden
• Clean up pet areas; re-sod or seed
• Repair screens, windows and doors
• Add fresh mulch under shrubs
• Add potted or hanging flowers to deck or porch
In the Kitchen
• Clear away extra small appliances
• Remove stains and items from sink
• Straighten memo areas and remove papers
• Clean and deodorize vent or exhaust hood
• Keep counters cleared … buyers like space!
In the Bathroom
• Clean counters of extra toiletries. Store them out of sight
• Remove stains and mold from sink, tub or shower
• Patch, caulk and grout as needed
• Put out attractive “for-show-only” towels
In the Living and Family Rooms
• Rearrange furniture for a more spacious feel
• Remove any extra pieces and store
• Spot clean carpets or rugs
• Have neutral paint
• Accent with fresh flowers
• Open the shades and drapes to let in light
In the Bedroom
• Straighten up closets. Box and store clothing, shoes, etc., as necessary … buyers like space!
Make it look larger … get rid of your old stuff!
• Arrange toys to look appealing
• Add curtains or valances to rooms without them
• Remove attention-getting posters
In the Basement or Garage
• Thoroughly clean and deodorize areas where pets sleep or spend time
• Straighten tools and laundry area
• Sweep floors; clean up grease spots
• Get rid of any items you won’t be taking with you
BUYERS LIKE SPACE …
GET RID OF JUNK!